Yewland (DespairFormulae) Yewland (DespairFormulae)

It isn't really my style of music, but I appreciate the style nonetheless. It's very dark, lol. The vocals are cool, but hard to hear. It has a good production value to it. It really just reminds me of having a bad trip xP. I look forward to hearing other music by you.

The Rift, Adrift The Rift, Adrift

Very relaxing. The sample you used of the person talking added to it a lot. That slight wavy sound you have in there reminds me of a meditation tape/cd thing I had. This is very relaxing and peaceful, and it's perfect for something to put on a loop and just relax/meditate to.. PM if you wanna collaborate sometime :)

Canas responds:

Ah perfect! Exactly what I was going for, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Drill Kill-Back Of Mind Odditi Drill Kill-Back Of Mind Odditi

It's very good, I wouldn't really call it IDM. It seems to be mostly ambient. It's really relaxing and reminds me of tripping on any hallucinogen and just giving into it and going with the flow. It seems like the chord progression (and chords for that matter) tend to stay the same throughout the entire song. It's not a bad thing, especially, like I said, this is basically an ambient song. I do not like nor dislike the drums. The drum pattern just seemed a little odd to me. Overall, very nice song. If I plan on tripping, this would be a good song to listen to haha. And I'm not saying rework this and add like 894543985843 different drum patterns in there. For an ambient song, the fewer the better.
Good job.

drillkill87 responds:

Thanks for the good review.I would describe this as IDM or Ambient Techno.The chords were quite complex for me to make and to include the second synth pad playing the melody was almost impossible for me.Thank you for the nice review.It's nice to see that people appreciate my work.Hope you enjoy your trip. :D

Audio Experiment 1 Audio Experiment 1

Not song material, obviously, but it sounds fucking cool. PM me and explain how you do that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hex Hex

I like the synth slide a lot. The solo was pretty fantastic. This was a really good fusion of 2 genres. Keep it up man. The only downside is I found it to be too repetitive (which is the pot calling the kettle black as most of my songs are repetitive), but still, you did fine work. I wouldn't put it on my ipod, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the song.

Kirby vs Marx Remastered Kirby vs Marx Remastered

I really like the song. I also like the drum patterns, I don't know what the official term for it is, but I call them "war drums". It's very cool, reminds me a lot of Donkey Kong 2 music (it's nostalgic for me and has a little bit of that feel". Overall, I was impressed. I wasn't using headphones when I listened to it, which can take away from the song a bit, but still, very nice. I personally am a fan of songs like this.

Feeling Feeling

I'm really impressed by the fact that this is an improvisation. It goes from relaxing, to sad, to acceptance of sadness, and back to sadness. It seems like you could have a promising profession in scoring for movies or animes :). It gives me the vibe that there may be a bunch of terrible things going on in the world, but life moves on.

Bspendlove responds:

Thank you for your comment.

I would agree, life does move on, no matter what is happening there is always a reason to move on.

Thanks for listening, I really appreciate it. :)

Adventures In Action Land Adventures In Action Land

I really like the 8-bit aspect of it, it brings so much nostalgia back to me.
The upsides: It is written beautifully as a piece of music, I hear no sour notes and it loops quite well.
The downside: This isn't one of those video game songs that have a lot of soul to it. It reminds me very much of like a Contra song or something along those lines. Unfortunately, I have a biased because some of the SNES songs like Megaman X and Chrono Trigger just blow me away at the music they have. Overall, I enjoy it. It would be perfect for an old school video game, but I personally I don't find it to be listening music. I wouldn't have it on my Ipod, but if it happened to be the background music for a video game, it would increase the experience. Overall, really not bad work. If this is your niche, all to you. It personally isn't mine, but I know other people are completely in love with music like this.
Good Job :)

Biggyzoom responds:

Thanks for the review!

Funny Dungy &amp;lt;-(FTA)-&amp;gt; Funny Dungy <-(FTA)->

I wasn't feeling it until about 33 seconds in. It felt a little empty, but I could tell that was the feel you were going for. It felt very video game-like, so I commend you for that!

FaeryTaleAdventurer responds:

Thanks, I tend to try and make build-ups in my tunes!

Where is the Snow?&amp;lt;-(FTA)-&amp;gt; Where is the Snow?<-(FTA)->

This is a really good mood-piece- I didn't even realize it looped! 8/10, 4 stars.

FaeryTaleAdventurer responds:

Thank you for reviewing! I love to be able to make my loops as seamless as I can!

-FTA